Thursday, March 3, 2011

TNA Wrestling 3-3-11


For those of you who are new here, Chaos is a huge wrestling fan. (Chaos also likes to refer to him in 3rd person. It amuses me.) Sports is a big part of my life & has been for many years. Football over the the last 6 years & the NBA for more than 14 years. But wrestling, that has been a part of my life for all 26+ years of my life. I have studied it. I have spent years learning from the best of the best. For this reason exactly is why is pains me to even watch TNA wrestling. But because its not all bad & a lot of my favorites are there I have continued to watch it. But wait, maybe not for long.

The night after the Royal Rumble, WWE started running these vignettes (Known in wrestling as short packaged videos hyping something special to come.) featuring a man in a trench coat in rain. A lot of people thought it was going to be either the return of the Undertaker or the long awaited debut of Sting into the WWE. At the end they had numbers placed to indicate a date: 2-21-11. Speculation circled for weeks until everyone figured out who it would be. The Undertaker. The date came & went & he was unveiled as the man in the video. Why is that important? Keep reading.

TNA having signed Sting back under contract, ran a video that was almost exactly like the one WWE did about it. I did a video about it in anger & disgust, everyone who saw it told me that they had the same reaction. Its pretty bad. TNA has taken so many shots at the WWE over their 9+ years they have been a company. But that one takes the cake. Even worse than Hogan signing & doing a press conference at Madison Square Garden in NYC, the building helped made famous by WWE.

So this is my last stand. I am going to watch TNA wrestling tonight just like I have done for many years since they debuted on Spike TV. But if I watch next week is going to depend on the show tonight. Its not looking good. The show was taped last week in Fayetteville, NC. Actually the next 2 weeks of shows was taped last Thursday night while the show, which was pre-taped, was airing on TV. That is another thing that bugs me, but we will let it slide for now. TNA, the ball is in your court...

Follow me on Twitter: @theanswerchaos. I will upload a video after the show on my YouTube account most likely. Be sure to follow me so that you will know & watch it. I'm sure I will have tons to say about the show. Tweet me while the show is airing also, as I will be tweeting live about the show...

No comments:

Post a Comment